About KBS Albion
We bring together nimble, multi-disciplinary teams focussed on the outcomes of purpose, change and growth. As part of that journey we co-create people-shaped brands, products, services, marketing and ventures that will take our clients’ businesses on their next big adventure.
We believe change happens from the inside out. That’s why we put people at the centre of everything we do. We work hard to understand our own people’s strengths, our clients, our clients’ customers, their teams and the business at large.
About the role
As a Lead Product Designer you’ll work with a dedicated group of passionate, experienced people across product, design, strategy and external development partners.
You will be responsible for crafting thoughtful, high-quality interaction design from early concepting to functional prototypes. Throughout the process a product designer helps identify the initial problem, determines how to address it and then designs, tests and iterates on different solutions.
You should be passionate about UX and product development, have an eye for detail and be able to confidently communicate your decisions and ideas. You should have a strong ability to connect with and influence both internal and external senior stakeholders on the project, who you will collaborate with closely.
While not expected to be wholly responsible, Senior Product Designers take an active interest in the development of the skills of the entire creative department, identifying opportunities to improve Albion’s processes and toolsets which enables us to work more collaboratively and effectively.
What we’re looking for
- A natural curiosity, a love of learning, the willingness to try new things
- Strong self-management skills and proven track record of working within multidisciplinary teams
- A boundary pusher, keen to try new ideas
- Able to explore varying concepts before quickly honing in on feasible, innovative designs
- A strong conceptual thinker with a solid background in UX
- Detail oriented, but having the ability to step back when needed, to inform the overall proposition
- Create innovative, elegant, best-in-class user–centered interfaces
- Develop use cases, user journeys, storyboards, wireframes and page flow diagrams
- Define the interaction design of increasingly complex digital products
- Drive the processes to understand user needs, business needs and stakeholder requirements
- Oversee projects and ensure the integrity of design and UX
- Work closely with other teams to concept, design, prototype, test and iterate products until they meet the highest standards
- Use your skills in UX, interaction design and basic coding / prototyping to quickly solve problems and to concept new ideas for our clients
- Quickly validate ideas through processes including prototyping and usability testing
- Determine the most appropriate methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Empower others in Albion by providing them with the platform and support to shine in their own discipline or role
- Provide guidance, direction and leadership regarding interaction design activities on various aspects of a project
- Present design concepts and deliverables to the project team as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Champion user–centered design principles at Albion
The important details
- £ Competitive (based on experience)
- Based in Shoreditch, London