About KBS Albion
We bring together nimble, multi-disciplinary teams focussed on the outcomes of purpose, change and growth. As part of that journey we co-create people-shaped brands, products, services, marketing and ventures that will take our clients’ businesses on their next big adventure.
We believe change happens from the inside out. That’s why we put people at the centre of everything we do. We work hard to understand our own people’s strengths, our clients, our clients’ customers, their teams and the business at large.
About the role
As a Lead Visual Designer you’ll work with a dedicated group of passionate, experienced people across design, product, strategy and external development partners.
You’ll be a craft-led, strategically aware, platform neutral designer with a desire to transform companies by creating beautiful, intuitive, and human products and experiences.You’ll also have have an adept understanding and appreciation for both brand and comms design.
You should possess exemplary design skills, an obsessive attention to detail and pixel perfect execution. Whether it’s creating something completely new from scratch or evolving and pushing the boundaries of an existing platform; collaboration, innovation and creativity are at the core of everything they create.
From typography and editorial content to the visualisation of creative concepts and interaction principles, our visual designers possess an undeniable creative flare and passion for improving their own skills and the output of the business.
What we’re looking for
- Strong conceptually lead thinking
- Well-versed in collaborative ways of working
- Extensive knowledge of UX practises and processes
- A strong understanding of best practise interaction and visual design principles
- A strong understanding of strategic processes
- Strong presentation skills, able to control a room with confidence
- Mastery of CS: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Mastery of Sketch and other fast-pace prototyping tools
- Knowledge of other programmes such as Cinema 4D, After Effects, InVision, Atomic
- Animation and prototyping skills are a big plus
- An understanding of brand identity
- Exemplary layout and typography skills
- Interpreting, inputting on and understanding of brand strategy
- Creation of visual identity concepts, rationales and territories
- High standard of craft skills and attention to design detailing
- An understanding of print process and digital outputs
- Ability to follow and create style guides / guidelines / brand books
- Undergraduate level qualification / degree in Design (or equivalent)
- Extensive experience in a visual design role (ideally 8-10 years plus)
- Used to working in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment: working collaboratively with strategy, creative and product / UX design departments
- Used to working with third parties, e.g. dev teams, etc.
- Top design / digital agency experience
- Lead on projects with Design Director / Creative Director support
- Mentoring of less experienced Designers
- Conduct and input into workshops / catch ups
- Understand the client’s business requirements and understand how Albion’s services should be applied to solve business problems
- Supporting and seeking new ways to improve Albion’s internal ways of working
- Ensuring that the vision for projects as originally scoped is met
- Own and resolve any client issues / feedback related to specific projects
- Support Producers / Project Managers and Client Management
- Actively promotes Albion values, and contributes to the growth and health of the team and the business
The important details
- £ Competitive (based on experience)
- Based in Shoreditch, London
If you're interested in this role, please send your CV and a little bit about you to email@example.com